Thursday, December 13, 2018

Generation 1, Chapter 2



He looked baffled. It was obvious that he had no idea why I was here. “I… um… I don't… Do you want to come in?”

I nodded gratefully. “Thank you.”



I followed him inside, taking a seat on his couch. A little bit of my previous discomfort had returned. His house was a real home, and I felt like I was intruding. There was a picture of Ilyana hanging above the couch. I looked away.




“So… you were saying something?” Lee prompted.



I nodded, swallowing around the lump in my throat. “I… I'm the one who told my father where you were.”


I waited for a response. He was silent, so I forged on. “I hate that I did it. It's not who I am, and the guilt is tearing me apart inside. You have to believe me. I hate it, I hate myself for doing it, but I was just so… “ My voice died. I couldn't admit that.



“Jealous. You were jealous.” I looked up at him. “I know, and I forgive you.”


I stared at him, lost for words. “You what?”


He smiled wanly. “I forgive you. How could I not? I figured out that you were the one who told him a while ago. It couldn't have been anyone else. I won't lie, I was upset when I found out, but I believe that you're a good person. You deserve a second chance.”



I felt myself tear up once more. “Thank you. I hope I can prove you right.”


He smiled, a real one this time. “I know you will.”


---------

As time went on, Lee and I spent more and more time together. He was really my only friend. He always had been. I didn't feel comfortable getting close to anyone else, but Lee already knew about my past and accepted me anyway.




I'd always loved him, but I hadn't even harbored hopes that he might feel the same way for years. Lately, though, I'd started to think that he actually might. Glances that would once have been brief now lingered. Hugs lasted a little too long to be friendly. Whenever he touched me, he seemed reluctant to pull away.




I wanted to ask him how he felt, but I was scared. What if I was imagining it? What if I made him uncomfortable and he didn't want to be friends anymore? I would be crushed. He was the only thing that had ever really mattered to me. So I held my silence and hoped.

This odd state of affairs lasted for months. Months of being on tenterhooks whenever he was around. Months of my breath catching every time his touch lingered a little to long. I was in agony, but I was still determined not to say anything. If he did want to be with me, he would have to make the first move. Finally, he did.




We were sitting on the couch at my house, watching a movie. It was one of his favorites, but I’d never seen it before. I wanted to pay attention, but it was hard when he was sitting so close to me. I glanced at him occasionally, but he seemed to be paying rapt attention to the screen. He didn’t seem to be affected by my presence at all -- until he casually slid his arm around me.




My breath caught in my throat. I glanced up at him, then tentatively rested my head on his shoulder. He didn’t pull away, and I grinned, feeling… triumphant. We just sat there for a while, pretending to pay attention to what was happening on screen.



Eventually, he cleared his throat, and I lifted my head off his shoulder to look at him. “Lissie… Nyx. I like you. I really like you. I wasn’t sure that you still felt the same way. I’m still not entirely sure that you feel the same way, but…”


“I do.” I cut him off, smiling. “I really, really do.”


He grinned back at me. “In that case… can I kiss you?”



This time I took the initiative.

Author's Note: I apologize for Nyx's glitchy hair.

4 comments:

  1. I didn’t even notice Nyx’ har was glitchy. What I did notice is that these two make for an adorable couple! Yay, she finally gets the guy! It’s a shame what had to happen for them to get here, but Lee is incredibly kind to forgive her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hair probably isn't that bad, all things considered, it just glitches through her shoulder when she turns her head. I'm beginning to think that most long hairs do that, though, which is annoying. They really are a cute couple, though. They autonomously flirt constantly when left to their own devices.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I wonder if Lee had already secretly fallen out of love with Ilyana or had a crush on Nyx for a while because he was ready to forgive her so quickly and start a relationship.
    Very brave of Nyx to come forward like this though.

    I feel you on the hair issues :( My current legacy sims have BIG hair that clip through absolutely everything, it's annoying. I guess the only safe hairstyles in this game are short hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair thing is just annoying. Nyx's daughter is a child now, and her hair is constantly clipping through things, but I'm stubborn and refuse to change it. I don't want to have to give all of my sims short hair, so I just have to deal with it, but it's still annoying.

      Delete