Friday, May 17, 2019

And the winner is...


Alaric Doe!

He got three votes to Jade's two and Beckett's one. I'm really excited for his generation, which should be fun and slightly creepy. Really, it's fitting that the Doe Random Legacy will be moving to... 


Midnight Hollow!

This vote ended in a tie between Midnight Hollow and Bridgeport. I got a friend to be the tiebreaker, and she chose Midnight Hollow, but I'm compromising by promising that the next time the legacy has to move, we will be going to Bridgeport.

I'm really happy to be able to get to work on the next generation, and I'm hoping to get the first chapter of Generation 3 done this weekend. For now, though, I'm off to start updating the website! Generation 3 is underway!

EDIT: I'm really sorry, I completely forgot to post the rolls for the kids who didn't win!

Jade:
Family Structure: The Shake Up
Number of Children: 5
Primary Income: Freelance Photographer
Secondary Incomes: Firefighter, Journalism
Generational Goal: Fulfilled
Miscellaneous Fun: My Precious

Beckett:
Family Structure: Second Chance
Number of Children: 2
Primary Income: Angler
Secondary Incomes: Politics, Education
Generational Goal: Living Green
Miscellaneous Fun: Fashion Diva

There you go!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't vote for you Alaric, I don't think you have what it takes to carry a generation. Prove me wrong! :P

    My RLC moved from Bridgeport to 'The Hollow', despite the odd lighting in Midnight Hollow I prefer it, seems to be less laggy, less buggy, and there's way more space to build.

    I'm looking forward to seeing Alaric take charge in the Supernatural Capital of Simnation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaric looks forward to proving you wrong!

      Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it. I've played in Midnight Hollow before, although not on a legacy scale, and it's definitely a lot less buggy than Bridgeport or some of the other bigger towns. I think it suits Alaric, too.

      We won't be moving for a little while yet. I wanted a story reason to relocate, but the move should come around chapter 8 or 9.

      Delete
  2. Eeeyyy :D I voted for Alaric, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in Midnight Hollow. I should probably get the other worlds, as I only have the worlds that come with the expansions I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaric appreciates your support, and he hopes this vote is a good predictor of elections to come.

      I have a few store worlds (Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley, and Roaring Heights), and they definitely add a lot of atmosphere to your game. I'm also a huge Sim stylist, so I personally appreciate the CAS options they bring. That said, they don't add the sort of gameplay details that expansions do, so it's worth weighing the pros and cons before you decide whether or not to get them.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't matter anymore but I would have voted for Beckett (though Alaric would have been the second choice).

    Yeah, you hear that, Alaric...? I would choose Beckett over you, hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaric silently seethes at you and vows to prove you wrong.

      Delete