Saturday, January 19, 2019

Generation 1 Heir Poll

It's hard to believe that the first generation is already over! But here we are, and it's time to decide who will lead us into the second generation of the Doe Random Legacy.

There are two candidates.

First up:




Dylan Doe.

Dylan is:



Genius,



Clumsy,



Good,



and Socially Awkward.


Lifetime Wish: Dynamic DNA Profiler


He is about to become a young adult, so there will be no time skip if he becomes heir.


A recap of his plot so far:
Dylan is a very smart kid. On his very first day of school, he makes a friend, Terry, and an enemy, Nick Landgraab. Dylan and Terry then save their new friend, Johanna, from Nick. Dylan invites his friends over for his thirteenth birthday, which triggers his mother's mental breakdown. His friends, scared and overwhelmed, abandon him. Dylan blames himself for the whole thing. Once he starts high school, he further antagonizes Nick Landgraab by refusing to accept a favor in exchange for another favor in the future. Nick is furious and plots revenge. In the meantime, Dylan forgives Johanna after she promised never to abandon him again. On the eve of graduation, Johanna reveals that she sees Dylan as more than just a friend and kisses him - right before she leaves the country for at least a year. Finally, Nick makes a call to a mysterious woman, who wants Dylan for a plan not yet revealed.


What's next for him?
After graduation, Dylan plans to get a place of his own. He'll get a job at the police station and throw himself into his work while he waits for Johanna to come back, but something (or someone) might show up and throw a wrench into things.


Whew, that's a lot. Now for what I'm willing to reveal about his rolls.


Family Structure: After graduation, Dylan will move out by himself. He may or may not be joined by other people in the future.


Number of Children: No clues as of yet.


Primary Income: Law Enforcement (Forensics)


Secondary Income(s): No clues as of yet


Generational Goal: All I'll say is that it will require Dylan to fulfill his lifetime wish.


Miscellaneous Fun: No clues as of yet


Now for your second candidate:



Ayla Doe

Ayla is:



Light Sleeper,



Perceptive,



Snob,



and Charismatic.


Lifetime Wish: Undecided, but probably Super Popular


Ayla is four days from becoming a young adult, so there will be a time skip if she becomes heir.


A recap of her plot so far:
As a child, Ayla truly believed that she was the most awesome person in the universe. On her fifth birthday, she went to the beach, where she met her best friend Carla. From that point on, they were inseparable. She was surprisingly unaffected by her mother's breakdown, but she was forced to shoulder most of the burdens of the housework with her father and brothers emotionally wrecked. She eventually gets fed up with it and decides to join ballet, which will keep her out of the house, forcing her family to pick up the slack. She holds a bake sale to raise the money she needs to for the entry fee. At that bake sale, she meets Tony, an awkward boy who she thinks is kind of cute. When she enters high school, Ayla develops an obsession with making people like her. It's not yet clear how this happened. She agrees to go on a date with Tony, but it ends in disaster when he asks her why she feels like she needs to pretend to be someone else. She decides to run for student body president, but she doesn't really want to win. She just ran because it was what everyone else expected of her. She tentatively mends bridges with Tony after he offers to not vote for her. She still wins, though, which upsets her. We left off with her unsure what to do about it.


What's next for her?
Ayla has now completely ruled out politics as a future career. She's been thinking seriously about business or journalism, but she's pretty sure that her career won't be the most important part of her life. She and her best friend Carla have made plans to move in together after graduation. While she'd love for things to move forward with Tony, she's beginning to recognize that she'll have to fight her demons before she does that, and she's not sure that she's ready to face that just yet.


Now what am I willing to reveal about her rolls?


Family Structure: Ayla will move in with Carla after graduation, and neither of them will move out during this generation. More people might move in with them, though.


Number of Children: No clues as of yet


Primary Income: Either business or journalism


Secondary Income(s): Well, Carla really likes plants…


Generational Goal: No clues as of yet


Miscellaneous Fun: The Joker


Have some pictures to cleanse your palate!





Dylan and Ayla as YAs. Hair and clothing are not final, but faces are.


And Just for Fun*:


Gender-swapped Dylan and Ayla!



So now you've seen everything, it's time to vote.

Please note: I haven't used this poll software before, so I'm not sure how well it will work. If you have an issue, please let me know in the comments, as well as telling me who you want to vote for if it doesn't let you vote. It should work, but... just in case. Also, it automatically comes with ads. Sorry about that. I might use a different thing next time.


*I plan to do a different Just for Fun at every heir poll

5 comments:

  1. The final chapter for each candidate finally swayed me, despite some very interesting foreshadowing for both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the gender swap is spot on =D Apologize if the comment is a bit long, just see it as a combined comment on all 3 chapters you released today.

    First, I love how you set up this poll with a quick summary of everything important! Second, I'm not so sure anymore as I thought I would be when they were still kids. But in the end I still voted for Ayla, because I like not only her but also Carla, I'm generally a fan of helper/friend rolls, Tony has cool eyes (I'm just assuming here that he will father a child) and I like a plot focused on character development/self-reflection. And I like Carla.
    The Landgraab thing had me intrigued though so the decision wasn't as easy as I thought at first! I assume you rolled Perfect Careers for him and his job plays nicely into the criminal/bad stuff plot that I expect from what we've seen in his last chapter.

    Honestly, if you had revealed the # of children rolls I might have just gone for whoever is going to have the most kids :P Oh yeah and please reveal the rolls for the heir who loses the poll, I'm curious!

    And a question, how did you get the animations for their traits? I assume it's the ones that are used in CAS but that doesn't look like CAS screenshots to me. Are they in moviemakercheats animations? I was planning to do a characters page with traits for my legacy so they might come in handy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun with the gender swap. I definitely don't mind long comments, mine are usually giant.

      I like Carla too, and Tony's eyes are gorgeous. Ayla's plot is very much about character development and self-reflection, so I'm glad you appreciate that. I did roll Perfect Careers for Dylan (not really a spoiler, so I don't feel bad revealing it), and a lot of his plot does have to do with his job.

      That's why I couldn't reveal number of children rolls! I will reveal the rolls for whoever loses, just so you know where I was going with that.

      I use Twallan's Animator mod for the trait poses. I also use it to do most of my posing for chapters. I've used Pose Player a couple of times, but Animator has all of the EA poses and animations, which are really the only ones I use anyway. You can get all of the trait poses from Pose Player, though, if you don't want to download a new mod. All you have to do is put in the name of the pose you want. There's a spreadsheet with the EA pose names linked from the Pose Player download page.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I never bothered to download Animator because I thought it's mostly for making videos and only used the moviemakercheats if I needed a EA pose/expression but this is so much better!

      Delete